What is CBD?
CBD is one of more than 100 compounds found in the cannabis plant known as cannabinoids. Unlike THC, CBD does not produce any psychoactive effects when consumed. Instead, it interacts with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which can help regulate various bodily functions like mood, appetite and immune system response. This interaction can help balance out the body’s systems and reduce inflammation in the process. According to a report from the World Health Organization, “In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential…. To date, there is no evidence of public health related problems associated with the use of pure CBD.”
How does CBD work?
Thanks to its ability to interact with the body’s endocannabinoid system, CBD has been linked to numerous potential health benefits and some evidence points toward a calming effect brought on by CBD. It may also serve as an anti-inflammatory and may produce pain-relieving effects that help with pain management.
People are turning to CBD as an alternative to pharmaceutical drugs to relieve their symptoms. For people with depression or anxiety, they may be looking to avoid SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) which can have a number of side effects. For people seeking pain relief, CBD offers the potential to avoid highly-addictive opioids.
Benefits of CBD
CBD can help with:
- Chronic pain. Pain is debilitating, interfering with the ability to sleep, work, and enjoy life. It can aggravate other health conditions and can lead to depression and anxiety symptoms. In addition to the standard pain medications which can have serious side effects, and surgical repairs of specific problems which can be very invasive and painful, there is now an alternative, CBD. CBD helps slow pain signals from the nerves to the brain. This is because CBD indirectly stimulates CB1 and CB2 receptors. When these receptors become stimulated, the signals sent from the nerves decrease, resulting in pain relief. This is why CBD is a natural remedy for chronic pain relief. CBD can provide treatment for many common pain conditions including low arthritis, nerve pain, back pain, neck pain, knee pain, shingles, heel pain, fibromyalgia, and others.
- Insomnia. Studies suggest that CBD may help, by treating the causes of sleeplessness, with both falling asleep and staying asleep.
- Anxiety and depression. Mental health disorders such as anxiety and depression can have devastating effect on overall health and wellbeing. Mental health disorders are often treated with pharmaceutical drugs, which can cause a number of side effects, including drowsiness, agitation, insomnia, sexual dysfunction, and headaches. Serotonin is the neurotransmitter primarily related to mood. Low serotonin levels are associated with depression. CBD can increase serotonin and therefore reduce depression. CBD has a broad pharmacological profile, including interactions with several receptors known to regulate fear and anxiety-related behaviours, specifically the cannabinoid type 1 receptor.
- Heart Health. Some research has linked CBD with several benefits for the heart and circulatory system, including the ability to lower high blood pressure. High blood pressure is linked to higher risks of a number of health conditions, including stroke, heart attack, and metabolic syndrome. Scientific Studies indicate that CBD may be beneficial for people with high blood pressure & heart health.
- Addiction. CBD can help lower cravings for tobacco and heroin under certain conditions, according to some research in humans. It may also help lessen cravings for alcohol, cannabis, opiates, and stimulants.
How to take CBD
CBD comes in many forms, including oils, extracts, capsules, patches, vapes, and topical preparations for use on skin. If you’re hoping to reduce inflammation and relieve muscle and joint pain, patches are the best option because a patch can allow CBD to directly enter the bloodstream and slowly releases CBD 24 hours a day
The bottom line
CBD has been studied for its potential role in easing the symptoms of many common health conditions, including anxiety and neurological disorders. Plus, it may benefit heart health and help relieve certain types of pain and does not have any serious side effects.
CBD Patch; 8, 16, 24, 50, 75, 100mg
CBD patches are perfect for those looking to use CBD without talking tablets or using oil.
These CBD patches are super convenient and discrete. Simply place the patch on your skin to feel benefits day or night!
The unobtrusive patches are perfect for those looking to implement CBD into their life without a change in diet. With no taste or smell, these patches allow you to integrate CBD easily and discreetly.
Made of pure CBD isolate, the extra strength patch is a great way to experience relief from aches and pains without interrupting what’s important in life.
• CBD Isolate 99.83% Pure
• THC Free
• Fast onset of action
• Once-a-day application
• 24-hour support
• Discreet and easy to wear, Peel Stick and Go
• UK manufactured CBD Cannabidiol patch